Sparkle Moxie

Monday, April 03, 2006

I'm an art student, maybe possibly getting a degree to teach art, and right now I'm currently enrolled in Color. Pretty much you explore the different aspects of something that yes, all artists use, but sometimes take for granted. I am loving this class.

We're getting to the end of the semester, and for the last week and a half, instead of working on the project due this Wednesday, I'm working on the one due in two weeks. That project entails using color to define the four elements: water, earth, air, and fire. From the beginning of the semester, I knew I wanted to have a go at knitting something for this class, so this is my attempt at it.

The yellow piece is air, done in a combo of knit and crochet. I used four different yarns, including Berroco Zen, Knitpicks Shine, Moonlight Mohair, and some gold stuff I bought when Target had yarn in their dollar section.


This blue piece is water. Each row is a separate strand, done in a feather and fan pattern. Its got more of the Target dollar stuff, Knitpicks Suri Dream, some of their alpaca lace stuff, and Wool of the Andes, some wool I dyed, Paton's wool, far too many for me to remember right now.



The brown and green piece is earth. The browns are Lamb's Pride, Andean Treasure, and an Annie Blatt yarn. The green is Kidsilk Haze.

I've started fire, but need to put it aside to actually do the work that needs to be done first. Kind of like I need to get off the internet and do my Political Science stuff.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home