Sparkle Moxie

Sunday, April 16, 2006


I've got a monkey, I've got a monkey, I've got a monkey hey, hey, hey hey!

This is still unnamed monkey. D loves him, and both my sister and brother have requested one. Although my brother has actually requested a Moogle, from the Final Fantasy series. That should be interesting.

I used Lamb's Pride Bulky, instead of Worsted, and because of that monkey is kind of ginormous. Which is ok. The only problem I have with it is that I didn't check to see if the pattern uses needles smaller than required for the worsted. I used my 10 1/2s, and I think the fabric has more give, showing the stuffing in some spots. It made me a little leery about squeezing him to get him perfectly round like the pattern author suggests. But he's still pretty cute. And if I were to make another monkey, I think I might play around with the ears more. I stopped the after only two decreases, then kitchenered the top to make them more rounded, but it's not quite as rounded as I would like. Oh well.


This is what's on the sticks now, a birthday present for Matty J. He's a friend of mine, and he turns 21 this Friday. I went to Yarns 2 Ewe yesterday to take part in their Easter sale. I got these two skeins of Noro Silk Garden to make a Harajuku Tweed scarf. He loves all things Gwen Stefani, so I found two skeins that have the same palette as her Harajuku Lovers line. The pattern can be found here, at Naive Knitting. The pattern calls for a multiple of 4 + 1, and as I wanted to make a long, skinny scarf, this one is only 13 stitches wide. I've got about two feet so far, but Matty J is a tall thing, so there's still alot to be done before Friday. But I couldn't be more excited about the color combo; its pure Gwen. Woot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home