Sparkle Moxie

Thursday, May 18, 2006


One thing that anyone who reads this is bound to find out sooner rather than later is that I cannot stick to one project at a time. I get all ansty.

I have finished Elyse (she's at Yarns 2 Ewe, go check her out). And that is MattyJ's scarf not too long before I finished it. Once I meet up with him, I'll get a picture of him modeling it. D's scarf is coming along, and I started on a pair of socks for my sister out of Knitpicks Memories in the now discontinued colorway "Grandma" (let's hope she never finds out the name of that yarn).

So what do I go and do? I decide to tackle another project. Specifically, something lacy for my cousin who's graduating from college. I went back to Yarntopia to get more of the Handmaiden mohair, this time in blues, to make Eunny Jang's Print O' the Wave Stole. So I look at the yarn, in all its blueberry glory, and I look at the pattern, so delicate and airy and visions appear in my head. Of her loving it. Of her one day wearing it at her wedding as her 'something blue.'

Delusions of Grandeur? What's that?

Now I know lace takes time, and I know it can look like senseless crap before its blocked, but let me tell you - I don't see it. I do not see how what I'm knitting is going to end up like that beautiful stole. And since I'm trying to do this on a deadline, it only makes it worse. I'm going to keep knitting, but....there may be tears.

2 Comments:

Blogger Karin said...

Aw, I bet your lace will look great. I've been hankering to start my first lace stole myself.

7:38 PM  
Blogger KnittyMomma said...

I haven't tried lace yet. This is my first time reading your blog (found you on the craftster twenty something bloggers list) but I am heading to Yarns 2 Ewe on Saturday and will check out your item.

11:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home