Sparkle Moxie

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Secret Pal Questionnaire -- Woot!

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I pretty much like everything except acrylic and novelty stuff. I love alpaca and chunky cottons like Araucania; I got my first touch of Cascade 220 and Mission Falls and loved them, have to think of something to do with them; Knitpicks is completely awesome.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
I keep my needles in a needle roll I made. But I think I might have to make/get something for my double pointed (which I am currently loving, I used to be so scared of them) and crochet hooks.

3. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I've been knitting about four years, I think, and I guess I'd have to say I'm an advanced intermediate. I've done lace (in small amounts, like for a purse), I just started making socks, so yeah, advanced intermediate.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
No.

5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
Things like vanilla, lime, anything that comes from the kitchen.

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
Two words: Dark. Chocolate.

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I sew a little, mostly by hand. I do ceramics, paint, and draw. I'd love to learn how to spin, but haven't yet.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
Lately I've been listening to a lot of Ok Go (going to see them Monday night!), Foo Fighters, Franz Ferdinand, Muse, Gwen Stefani, and Garbage. And I have just re-discovered the Beastie Boys. I can play MP3s on my laptop, and I have an iPod.

9. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?
I like most colors, so long as they're really rich and saturated. I love pink, so long as its a bold, stong pink. And while I love yellow, I just can't pull it off.

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I am married, have been for three and a half years, and we have Scooter, the bi-polar chihuahua, and three ferrets.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
Everything but ponchos.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Right now, I'd have to say socks. Socks and bags.

13. What are you knitting right now?
On the needles, I have a pair of socks, and the Elyse tote. And MattyJ's scarf. And I just got two skeins of Karaoke yesterday for the Mistake Rib scarf. The first step in addressing the problem is admitting you have one, wa-ha!

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
Yes!

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
I prefer bamboo, either straight or circular, but in particular, I love Skacel's bamboo circs.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
I got them both for Christmas last year, and love them!

17. How did you learn to knit?
A good friend taught me.

18. How old is your oldest UFO?
A scarf I started for D about a year ago (and I feel awful, I have the hardest time finishing stuff for him (although I did just make the Armchair Socks for him)).

19. What is your favorite holiday?
Christmas!

20. Is there anything that you collect?
There are things to collect besides yarn?

21. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
I have Sensational Knitted Socks, and wouldn't mind another sock book, but other than that, I don't know. I probably do know, but just can't think of it right now. EDIT: I knew I knew and couldn't think of it -- upon seeing
Brooklyn Tweed's fanfrickingtastic Urban Aran, I have decided that D must have one. Only problem? I can't find the pattern booklet. Anyone who can is a saint in my book.

22. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
I'd eventually like to learn how to spin, but its not the biggest of priorities right now.

23. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
Yes to socks! My feet are: Shoe size 7, Circumference 8 1/2, and total foot length 9.

24. When is your birthday? (mm/dd)
June 29th!

I know that things are a little lean here, and dear god but I'm a little embarassed to do this, but you can check out my MySpace
here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home