Sparkle Moxie

Thursday, June 15, 2006

For whatever reason, when things go well for D and me, they go really, really well. And when they go bad its just terrible. Yesterday afternoon, some crazy old hag of a socialite hit my car. I've gone over the story so many times I just can't do it again, but what kills me the most is that she thinks she didn't do anything wrong. Today I took off work and D was already scheduled to be off, so we spent the day driving around, getting the car appraised by someone my dad recommended, getting it appraised by her insurance people, dropping off photos of the intersection....bluh. Especially when you factor in how hot it is here. Air conditioning is awesome, but that doesn't stop the sun from coming in and beating down on you. Like when you're stuck in traffic because of some kind of spill on the freeway.

But back to yesterday. After we finally got everything sorted, and the car-wrecking gadfly left (and what did I see as she drove away? Her committing another traffic violation, changing lanes in the middle of the intersection), D and I got an accident report form from a police station, and headed to my mom's for dinner. We were there kind of late, and when we got home at 11:30, we found our ferret Jippie lying on the floor of her cage, barely breathing and cold. We knew she was sick (she had tumors in her belly), but she had been so happy the last couple of weeks, playing with our other two ferrets and just generally being excited whenever we came into the room. She died this morning sometime after we went to bed at two and before we woke up at eight. She was the first pet D and I ever got, for our one year anniversary. I don't think you could ask for a sweeter little ferret.

3 Comments:

Blogger Moon said...

awwwwww hon....
Im so sorry about your little ferret baby passing.....
(((((((((hugs))))))))))
May she carry your love for her well into the next life...
Nemaste,
Moon

6:25 PM  
Blogger geeyouknit said...

That's so sad!! I had a pet pass away a few months ago and it was hard to deal with. I'm so sorry this happened at a time when the rest of your life is all over the place too.
*hug*

11:22 PM  
Blogger SparkleMoxie said...

Thanks, you guys, it really means a lot to me right now.

11:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home