Sparkle Moxie

Sunday, June 25, 2006


I mentioned a couple of weeks ago that I had entered Glampyre's Design Contest. When I sent in my idea, Stefanie told me that she thought it was a cute idea in the return email. Being that I'm not exactly one to get my hopes up over things, I just kind of thought that she was telling everyone that.

But I took second place! I'm so fricking excited. What's even better, in the post about the winners she mentions that she'd like to make patterns for all four winners, as opposed to just first place as was mentioned in the beginning. Ladies and Gentlemen, I believe this deserves a woot.

Woot!

This is the center of the baby blanket, two wedges from completion. I know the color choice here is a little odd (already I've gotten two "Did the parents pick those colors out?" remarks, but one, they don't know the other colors next in line (apple green, butter yellow, turquoise...it's not as crazy or as big top as it sounds), but I really think its going to turn out well in the end.

And do you see what I'm talking about with the garter stitch? I love how all the little rows look, and how slipping the first stitch before you turn around makes those slash marks. Go. Buy. The book. Seriously.

5 Comments:

Blogger geeyouknit said...

Oh wow! Congratulations!! And that blanket is looking so pretty!

9:40 AM  
Blogger SparkleMoxie said...

Thanks! To both!

1:54 PM  
Blogger cherry blossom said...

congratulations!! that's so awesome that you took second place :)

i had thought about entering, but didn't get my entry in on time :( oh well :)

oh and i think your blanket is really cute so far :) can't wait to see it finished!

8:42 PM  
Blogger SparkleMoxie said...

Thanks, Cherry Blossom!

12:13 PM  
Blogger cecily said...

hey jaime, please update your blog soon!

thanks. :)

2:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home