Sparkle Moxie

Friday, June 09, 2006


I'm going to be an Auntie! D's step-sister is expecting. Naturally, the first thing I did when I found out -- and I mean first thing, before I finished the congratulatory response email I opened another window and started picking colors off of Knitpicks -- was start planning out the baby blanket I want to make them. I had planned on making another pinwheel blanket like the one below, but as I searched for something to get me over the 40$ limit to get free shipping (yeah, I'm terrible about that), I saw that they had Mason Dixon Knitting on sale. I'd been toying with getting it, but looking through it again, I saw these rugs. At a glance, it seems like it could be the same construction as a pinwheel blanket, or something similar, and I really want to go crazy with it. I got a ton of colors in Shine Sport, plus I still have some left over from the first blanket to add to it.

But I am so excited about being an aunt. S and her husband had been living in California, and just moved down here. In fact, I found out about the baby when she let me know that they had finished moving down!

This is the blanket I made for my friend Pat's grandbaby. I know Pat's daughter, but not terribly well, so I tried to be more conservative than I would have normally.

Woot!
Future Auntie Blogging!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home