Sparkle Moxie

Sunday, September 10, 2006



I know what you're thinking. More freaking booties! But I couldn't help myself. These are for the incubating neice, so I absolutely had to.

And, as a warning, I have been sitting on this post for half a week, so, dated info is a-coming.

As happy as I was that Angela finally got kicked off Project Runway, and am even more happy that Vincent got kicked off. That man is a complete nut, and not in a fun, quirky, uses the phrase 'piss and vinegar' while he shells roasted peanuts and ruminates on his porch kind of way (I'm using my grandfather as a model, can you tell), but definitely in a creepy, grosses you out everytime he said that one of his crack-ass designs gets him off kind of way. Whatever Vincent, happy trails. But don't let us know about them.



Anyhoo, Natalie and I took a cabling class last weekend at Yarntopia. Much cabling fun was had by all. We were using Malbrigio, and I do believe that's my new absolute favorite yarn. So fucking yummy. So yummy, in fact, that I've already finished my scarf, I just couldn't put it down. I need to weave in some ends, and then block it, but I should have pictures up within the week.

The class was taught by Brynne Sutton of Samus. How cool is that? Brynne was very nice, very patient, and very funny. I highly recommend taking one of her classes.

But now I'm off; have to go to school to work on a project (on a Sunday, gah).

5 Comments:

Blogger geeyouknit said...

I never ever get sick of baby booties. Who do you think is going to win Project Runway??

8:53 PM  
Blogger cecily said...

Now I know what to try with my beautiful Malabrigo from my stash!

Have you received your final SP8 package?

10:30 PM  
Blogger SparkleMoxie said...

Oooh, GeeYouKnit, that is a good question. At this point, I really think that the final three will be Uli, Jeffrey, and Michael. I'd really like Kayne to make it, but he's been faltering lately, and while I like Laura's balls o' steel attitude, I really think her collection would be boring. I'm torn as to who should win, though, and am constantly wavering. Right now (and this could change in twenty minutes), I'm going for Michael.

Hi, Cecily. I got a big package a while back, and I think that was supposed to be my last one, but I never really heard much else from my SP. I still don't even know who she/he was, so I'm a little confused right now.

7:39 AM  
Blogger SparkleMoxie said...

Oh, and Cecily, the Malbrigio is WONDERFUL for cabling. Aside from the uber-generous yardage, the end product is so lofty and squishy and generally great all around. I can't wait for the two cold days we get here in Houston.

7:42 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Nice cables... don't they make you yearn for some fall weather? :)

3:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home